Monday, November 17, 2014

Surviving IB tips 1.4 (STUDYING TECHNIQUES)

Hey againnnn :D
As u know, there are bunch of stuff to learn in IB, and u obviously can't do your usual one night study technique anymore. In IB studying is basically the "Story of Our Life" :')

Story of My Life - One Direction Peter Hollens feat. Mike Tompkins



OMG I know this song is so mainstream guysss, sorry :( but yeahhh this version is better :o

Also, u need a good studying techniques so that u can finish everything on time, or else u'll always be miserable and wishing u can have "One More Night"

"One More Night" - Maroon 5 - Luke Conard, Alex Goot, Julia Sheer, Chad Sugg, ATC, Missglamorazzi


Yeah yeah sorry I keep posting songs, but Chrissy's voice so goodddd

Okayyy, 
Lets start on the tips :D

Firstly, get a comfortable place to study. I found that I can study better in my room, not on the studying table but on my bed. Then I will not wear a blanket so that I feel cold and it makes me stay awake. Basically this tip is really based on yourself. Figure out the place that u can concentrate better, don't study in front of the TV if u kept getting distracted by the programs going on.

Secondly, study everyday. U should study a bit everyday. If there's an exam next week, start studying a little bit everyday so that u can cover everything, unlike if u just started studying the night before. Most of the time if u started the night before, u'll miss somethings or u have to push yourself pass midnight. It won't be effective when u're too tired already.

Thirdly, set time/period to study for one subject. U can set a timer using those oldschool alarm clock so that u won't be distracted unlike using your phone. U can also just keep track of time, or set targets like u need to finish until chapter 2 in an hour. The thing is, there are so many different works to do and u should divide your time wisely to finish everything.

Fourthly, discover your learning style. There are people who study from reading the textbook, thats me. I got to read every single thing on the book, then I can answer the questions better. One of my friends actually summarise each chapter and write it on her notebook, cos for her its like reviewing the materials when she writes it down. One of my sister's friend study better through listening, so she would find explanations of the materials on youtube and listen to it. Yeahh, there are different ways to study, u might also do combination of writing and reading or other combinations. Find the one that suits u well :D

Fifthly, take breaks !!!! Well, idk if its qualified as studying technique, BUT it is important to take breaks. Those books won't get to your head if u're too tired, u'll end up wasting your time. Don't take breaks too long tho, remember to finish your works.

Sixthly (mmm I'm not sure if this is grammatically correct -__-) ask for help. Don't be scared to ask for further explanation from teachers, or ask for help from your friends. It will be good for u at the end if u can understand it and nailed it during exams :D

Yeahhh thats basically some of the tips from me that u can do to improve your studying.
Stay tuned for more :D


No comments:

Post a Comment