Friday, November 7, 2014

Surviving IB tips 1.1 (PLAN AHEAD)

Hey peopleeee,
so yeah I just found this flash game (I know right, flash game whatt??) that I found 2 days ago and I started playing it. Kinda addicting, for me. Well I did make some more people get addicted playing this game. Well.... this is one of my way of relaxing after school

Small
Slope
Click here to play this game


I know people, don't hate on me for getting addicted playing flash games. u can go play your DOTA, LoL, BF, COD or any other extremely amazing games - suggest me some game pleaseee :p

MY POINT IS, we should have a balanced life from school and relaxing. Lets quote "Karate Kid" movie - "too much of anything is a bad thing" *hopefully I remember it correctly :D

A reminder tho, be sure to still do your works and study cos in IB I think its more about being diligent and PLAN AHEAD.

First of, plan the subjects u want to choose. This is if u're just getting started with IB, for those of u already make your choices, wellll good luck finishing it.

Sooo, we need to take 6 subjects, and 3 of them have to be HL (Higher Level - basically means an extremely harder course than the Standard Level or so called SL). If your future uni major does not need a subject in HL, don't be stupid and take HL just to look cool, its dead sentence - especially math HL :'( Like if you're going for business major, no need to take math HL. Also it is recommended just to take 3 HL, u can take 4 HL but its only for them geniuses, ahhahahhaha :p
Seriously, an HL subject has wayyy more work than the SL, its the difference between finishing the work in 3 hours for SL, and finishing it for 6 hours for HL (well kinda depends on you, if u so smart bro, it might not be that hard)

Secondly, there's so much work to do in IB in general (IAs, usual hw, EE, TOK, presentations, some other papers and stuff, and studying for tests aghhhhhh) sooo DON'T waste too much time on games and other things, those works will pile up and u will have to pull an all nighter (then show up to school look like u're on hangover -__- ). With the normal amount of work daily, as I present to you before, most of us can only sleep for 3-4 hours.

Be sure to keep track of due dates for your works, u don't want to miss it (u don't want to have teacher haunting you :p) . Write a schedule of what work to be done each day (well you could do this in your school diary - if u have one - or make memos) Heyyy this could be done using those stickies in your macbook. U got to stick to your memos tho, don't let it pile up - againnnn remember works piling up, all nighter, hangover look... - Anddddd, as every teacher said, last minute work is not good, so do your work as soon as you get it, don't procrastinate. Owh yeah almost forgot, u should use your weekends to....... do more works :D yeeeeey. Of course as I said before be sure to also have some relax time, but u should use the weekends wisely to finish up works. Do a little each day, don't do it all only on Sunday night :D

This tip has successfully done by my sister, she is incredibly diligent (compared to me, I look like a 5-year old playing around doesn't care about school, the result tho, of course she's better)
Hey, I learnt it the hard way, I have gone through a few all nighter and the result is falling asleep at least once in every class. I end up feeling like I haven't study anything after the class end.

Owh yeah, the good thing about planning ahead is that, if u do it correctly u should have some time to relax and at least get some sleep at the end of the day

Sooooo, thats my tip for you guys for now. See... lucky for you I post the flash game, now if u're tired reading my post, u can go try that game :p
Stay tuned for more :D

No comments:

Post a Comment